Fits with mappers with recent experience but not with newcomers - please avoid iD
This jobs aims at mapping the rural areas within the hills of département of Grande-Anse, over the communes of Abricots, Dame-Marie, Chambellan, Moron, Anse d'Hainault and Grande Anse, located in the most affected areas by Hurricane Matthew (UNOSAT impact zone 1, with winds over 120 km/h). Mapping such areas is key for a potential Cholera response.
Bing imagery is used and will provide a pre-disaster state.
Created by sev_osm - Updated - Priority: urgent
- Changeset Comment
- Haiti Hurricane Matthew, Grande-Anse hinterland, Dame-Marie Grande-Anse When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Add every visible building, way and path. Buildings should not be hundreds meters away from the closest path: Try to spot roads if any an add the path or road that allows to get close from 100 m max (use the graphic scale on left top of the mapping area in JOSM).
Use either DigitalGlobe ou Bing. DigitalGlobe is most récent. If too fuzzy, look if Bing imagery offers better infos.
- source : indicate either DigitalGlobe or Bing
JOSM Edit Please trace the buildings with the "buildings_tools" plugin for JOSM.
Please do not delete existing objects if their shape is wrong but use the JOSM "Replace the geometry" tool included in the "utils2plugin" plugin for JOSM, as such :
- move a bit the existing object so that it is not on top of where you need to trace
- trace the new geometry
- select both the existing object and the new one
- go to menu More Tools>Replace geometry (or CTRL+SHIFT+G)